I've seen this tag go round loads of blogs and always wondered how people managed to whittle their blog choices down to just 11, so when Charli from Girl On The Moon nominated little old ME to take part, well I was over the moon! (sorry, dad jokes are over now). I think the award is a great way to broaden your blog-sphere, and I love discovering new corners of the internet, so hope you like my nominations too!
But first, on to answering Charli's questions...
1. Why did you start your blog?
I was obsessed with reading fashion & lifestyle blogs but always lacked the courage to start my own. So I guess I started Frankie's Weekend to prove to myself I could. I see it as a bit of a 21st century diary!
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
I'll be well into my late twenties (!). So you know; world famous, internationally acclaimed blog, pad in Chelsea, mansion in the Cotswolds.. ha. I'd like to be at the peak of my career, maybe with 'that' ring around my finger, and hopefully still blogging away!
3. What is one piece of clothing that you couldn't live without?
Any type of button fronted long-sleeved shirts. I have SO many- sheer, satin, cotton, chequered, you name it. They're incredibly versatile. You can wear them to work, styled up for an evening or dressed down with jeans and boots for the weekend. I also love the subtly tailored look they allude to.
4. What are your top 5 favourite make up products?
Chanel Soleil Tan, Toni & Guy dry shampoo, Rihanna's perfume Reb'l Fleur (massive guilty pleasure but it's soo good), Palmers Coco Butter & MAC Soba eyeshadow.
5. Winter or summer, why?
Summer. Hands down, twice over absolute winner. I love the sweltering heat. Yum.
6. What's your favourite breakfast, lunch and dinner?
I've recently discovered healthy oat pancakes so I've been having these with peanut butter for breakfast. For lunch I loooove the Tesco Finest chorizo and butter bean soup (naughty but so, so nice), and then for dinner anything with an Italian twist - it's my favourite cuisine!
7. If you had £1000 to spend, what would you spend it on?
This probably changes each week / according to my current bank balance... at the moment either a Macbook Pro, or a new wardrobe from Mango.
8. What's your dream designer handbag?
I saw this Lanvin tote bag at an event I went to at a Flannels store, and I genuinely fell in love. Just look at it!
9. Whose your style icon and why?
I always drool over Mollie King (always looks flawless), can't get enough of Cara D (love the grunge element) and Lucy Watson is a total 'fashion-spo'.
10. What do you use to take your pictures for your blog?
I was very kindly given a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ62 by my boyfriend for Christmas and it's amazing. I'm not linking to it as I promised him I wouldn't check the price..!! But it's incredible and really easy to handle and carry around and isn't too intimidating - perfect if you're a beginner like me.
11. If you were stranded on a desert island, which celebrity would you chose to take with you?
Ooooh. This is the question I've been having the most difficulty answering. If it was a snowy island off Greenland or a jungle, it would have to be Bear Grylls purely for survival reasons. If we were just going to be chilling on a beach whacking out the baby oil, I'd say Binky Felstead!
My questions to you guys are...
- Who is your all time favourite blogger?
- Perfect snack?
- If you had to give up all social media channels bar one, which would you keep and why?
- What type of blog post do you enjoy writing the most? e.g make up reviews, restaurant posts, recipes etc
- Favourite high street brand?
- What celebrity would you like to be for the day?
- What is your ultimate 'swear-by' cosmetic product?
- What inspires you about blogging?
- If you had to read only one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Gym or running outdoors?
- What do you aspire to achieve with your blog?
Have fun! x